During the last years, a set of new technologies have developed, that combined, are gaining strength and are creating a new paradigm. They are identified as digital technologies, and include:
- Mobile: new intelligent mobile devices with capability to connect to data networks, voice networks and the Internet, combined with new software and apps for these devices.
- Social networks: which are strongly influenced by mobile devices and are creating a level of interrelations and information created directly by the end user, as never seen before
- Cloud Computing: were software is used as a service (SaaS). Instead of selling software licenses, the service is rented, accessible from anywhere and from any device.
- Big Data: new hardware and software technologies that together are enabling the processing of huge volumes of information at high speed, opening new opportunities to analize and business decision making in seconds. It is also, what will allow to understand the information generated by the previous three technologies.
Digital Transformation is the natural evolution of BPT. It implies the application and expansion of the business transformation approach to digital technologies, with a twoway concept.
- One direction takes business needs as a starting point and examines how to meet them with these new technologies.
The other takes the paradigm shift that these new technologies propose a starting point and looks at how to modify the user experience, relationship with the market, interaction with chain partners, and create new business models.
With its Digital Transformation approach, Grupo ASSA combines the vision of experts in digital technologies with process modelers and organization change facilitators, and with methods to manage the economic value created by these technologies, which are already reaching every corner, every phone, and every new device.